BOGOTÁ, Colombia—A govt minister overseeing the police apologized for the dying of Bogotá man in police custody and said two officers have been fired, as authorities called for relaxed following two evenings of protests and rioting that remaining at minimum thirteen people today lifeless.
“The Countrywide Police request for forgiveness for any violation of the legislation or disregard of the norms from any of the users of this institution,” Defense Minister Carlos Holmes Trujillo said Friday.
A cellphone video of the police come across, which set off the protests, demonstrates the two officers on Wednesday pinning down and frequently firing a stun gun at the man, Javier Ordóñez.
Mr. Trujillo said that the two officers would face felony expenses and that five far more officers have also been suspended, pending investigations.
The unrest has remaining far more than 200 civilians injured, far more than 70 of them by gunfire, in accordance to the mayor’s place of work. Almost 200 police officers had been also hurt as rioters clashed with the security forces and set hearth to dozens of police stations and metropolis buses.